Any eligible person can apply for admission in one of the courses of his choice, offered by the University. The admission form (Annexure-A) and prospectus may be obtained through Demand Draft of Rs. 450.00 from the sales counters of the University or by sending the demand draft of Rs.400.00 by registered post, drawn in favour of Nalanda Open University, Payable at Patna. No money order or postal order is accepted. The demand draft must be made in the name of Nalanda Open University payable at Patna. The sales counters of the University function on all working days from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM. The admission form, supported by the photo copy of the following documents, must reach the Registrar, Nalanda Open University, 3rd Floor, Biscoumann Bhawan, Patna 800 001, Bihar, before the last date for submission of form, either personally or by registered post. Last date for taking admission is 31-8-2019.
Admission 2019 Helpdesk
Download Admission Prospectus 2019
Document required with the admission form:
- Attested Photocopy of the mark sheet of the qualifying examination, which has been prescribed as eligibility condition by the University for getting admission in the desired course and Attested certificate of marticulation for proof of age.
- Attested Caste certificate, issued by DM/DC/SDO or any other person authorised to issue such Certificate for SC/ST/BC/OBC candidates, seeking admission on reserved quota.
- Candidates, applying for B.Ed. course, must deposit all prescribed documents along with the admission form, as per requirement of that course which shall be intimated to them separately.
Things to be kept in mind:
- Original documents (marks sheet of qualifying examination and certificate of marticulation exam). The original document will be returned to the candidate immediately after verification and comparison with the attested photocopy submitted by the candidate and the attested photocopy of the document will be kept by the University for record.
- Three self addresses envelops of size 10×4.5 inch each. One ticket-size photograph will be affixed on the admission form at the space provided. Another photograph will be pasted on the identity card and the third will be required for identity card register. All the three photographs must be attested by a competent authority. Candidates are required to write their name on the reverse of the unpasted photographs.
- The candidate selected for admission must pay the required charges in full at the time of admission. The payment must be made through demand draft in favour of Nalanda Open University, payable at Patna.
- 25% fee concession to Woman seeking admission in any course.
- On the reverse side of the Demand Draft, the candidate must write his/her name, admission form number and the name of the course he has applied for.
- Candidates are advised to retain photocopy of the demand draft for their own record.